Chief Safety Officer - Chief Safety Officer
23 March 2020
POSITION: Chief Safety Officer
INDUSTRY: Mining Industry
SALARIES: Market related
AREA: Northern Cape
• Management of the Safety and Risk Department.
• Design, implementation, evaluation, coordination and management of the safety and risk control systems, as well as for ensuring legal compliance at the Unit.
• Assessing risk and possible safety hazards of all aspects of operations.
• Prevent and minimise accidents, dangerous occurrences and non-conformances in terms of health and safety legislation and standards by promoting of a safety orientated culture.
• Creating analytical reports of safety data.
• Inspecting production equipment and processes to make sure they are safe.
• Ordering repairs for unsafe and/or damaged equipment.
• Investigating causes of accidents and other unsafe conditions on the job site
• Ensure all SHERQ process mapping, risk profiles and control measures are implemented in the organisation.
Qualifications & Experience required:
• University Diploma/Degree in Safety Management
• Must have Lead Auditor Certificate
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a mining environment
Should you not hear from us in 3 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.